I am excited to announce that I just filed my letter of intent to fill the Orem Mayor vacancy. Below is my letter to the City Council:
Monday, October 17, 2011
Orem City Council
56 North State Street
Orem, UT 84057
Dear City Leaders,
My name is Chris Nichols and the purpose of this letter is to express my intent to be considered as the next Mayor of Orem City.
It is unfortunate that Orem finds itself in this position. I had the great honor of personally knowing Mayor Washburn. He will be greatly missed. He leaves a legacy that will be remembered for generations.
I remember falling in love with Orem as a BYU student, and I am proud to call it my home for more than a decade. As a REALTOR®, I have had the unique opportunity to help others see the greatness of our city and make it their home as well. My commitment and passion to see Orem continue to be the best city in Utah County is why I feel the strong desire to serve as our next Mayor.
I have the time, the energy, the experience and the vision to lead Orem on a continued path to a prosperous future. As a real estate professional I am afforded the opportunity to have flexibility in my schedule. I have had the unique opportunity to serve in several capacities in the local, state and National Association of REALTORS® over the years. Serving others has given me both renewed energy and experience vital to leading, planning and directing an organization towards common goals and objectives. Like you, I share a vision for Orem that includes a prosperous economy, vibrant neighborhoods and sustained opportunities to enjoy the natural beauty of our community.
Please find attached a summary of my qualifications and experience. I believe the relationships I have forged with local, county, state and national leaders from our great state will allow me to serve Orem well as it’s next Mayor.
528 North 800 East
Orem, UT 84097
List of Qualifications – Chris Nichols
Attended Brigham Young University 1989-90 & 1992-94 – emphasis Geography
Associate Broker at Prudential Utah Elite Real Estate in Orem 2004 – 2011
- Strategic Planning
- Meeting Management
- Contracts and Negotiations
- Coalition Building
- Technology – Social Media Expert
- 2011 President of the Utah County Association of REALTORS®
- 2011 – 2012 Federal Political Coordinator for Real Estate assigned to
US Senator Mike Lee
- 2011 – 2014 National Association of REALTORS® Strategic Planning Committee
- 2011 Dean of the Utah Association of REALTORS® Leadership Academy
- 2010 – 2012 Utah County Republican Party Precinct Chair and State Delegate
- 2010 – 2011 National Association of REALTORS® Public Policy Coordinating Committee
- 2009 – 2012 Board of Directors for Utah Association of REALTORS®
- 2008 – 2012 Board of Directors for Utah County Association of REALTORS®
- 2007 – 2008 Utah Association of REALTORS® Housing Opportunity Fund Chairman & Trustee
- Current – Utah County Coordinator for Jason Chaffetz for Congress
Awards & Recognition
- Eagle Scout
- AFROTC Scholarship Recipient
- Graduate of Orem City Citizens Academy
- Graduate of the National Association of REALTORS® Leadership Academy
- Prudential Utah Elite Real Estate Hall of Fame
- Utah County Association of REALTORS® – Rookie of the Year 2005
- Utah County Association of REALTORS® – Master REALTOR
- Utah County Association of REALTORS® – Excellence in Real Estate